February 21, 2014 7:37 AM
Group Management Services, Inc. was on honored on February 19th, 2014 at the Richfield Village Council meeting. They congratulated President and CEO, Mike Kahoe as GMS was awarded a 2013 Weatherhead 100 Award through the Case Western Reserve Weatherhead School of Management.
February 12, 2014 10:10 AM
If we asked you to guess the top reasons people hate their job, what reasons come to mind?
The National Business Research Institute took a poll through Twitter and found that 33% of people blamed their job blues on annoying coworkers.
So how can you avoid hiring one of the 15 most annoying coworkers, and select the best candidate for the position?
We collected the articles below that share how to prepare for an interview, interview tips, and questions to ask when bringing on a new employee.
These tips will help you as you assess the skills, experience, and cultural fit of your potential employees.
February 10, 2014 9:36 AM
More than 60% of employees in the USA are paid by direct deposit, and the number will only continue to grow.
Benefits for Employees
- Quick: No more waiting in line to deposit your check at the bank, or sending the paper check to your bank through the ATM or your phone app. Now you can be sure the money gets to where it needs to be.
- Convenient: Employees don’t have to worry about being in the office to get paid. If they are on a vacation or out sick, they can be assured the deposit will be made. They can also control which account the paycheck goes into- maybe they choose to direct funds to a retirement savings plan or a checking or savings account. Bills can be paid immediately online as soon as a deposit is made.
- Green: Reduces a company’s carbon footprint, and offering online pay statements that are available 24/7 would also contribute to the green impact.
February 7, 2014 8:39 AM
A recent NIH funded study looked at medical expenditure bills that represented more than 8,303 emergency room visits and came up with two startling conclusions:
- There are huge variations in prices.
Bills sent out for sprained ankles ranged from $4 to $24,110.
- Prices overall are really high.
The average emergency room visit cost 40 percent more than an average month’s rent (or $1,233 as the average rent is now $871 per month).
February 5, 2014 7:49 AM
Can you name the top three most frequently cited safety standards by Federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) in fiscal year 2013?
If you answered fall protection, hazard communication, and scaffolding then you were correct! Out of 3,945 worker fatalities in private industry in calendar year 2012, 775 or 19.6% were in construction.
These statistics remind us that managing the risks involved in operating your business can be more than just paperwork. Employers are responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace for their employees. One way to make sure the environment is safe is to conduct a safety audit.
February 3, 2014 7:58 AM
How healthy are your employees? If you are a small business owner looking to save money on your healthcare, let’s hope they are all vegetarian non-smokers training for a marathon, right?
While that would be great, for your small business what matters more for your bottom line is the type of healthcare plan you provide. You have two choices: a fully insured plan or a self-insured plan.