For several years, GMS has been paying Ohio local taxes via Ohio Business Gateway. This method has saved us from printing 1,500 checks annually and the paper forms to go along with them. In a single quarter, GMS will pay over 1.2 million dollars in local tax payments to 180 jurisdictions. But what’s more exciting is that we uploaded and processed our first live electronic returns & payments to the ODJFS (Ohio Department of Job and Family Services) for Q2, 2013.
What does this really mean?
- We sent the agency a deposit that exceeded 1 million dollars.
- We avoided printing over 700 checks and the accompanying 1,800 sheets of additional paper.
- We avoided the extravagant shipping charges for such a large package and secured the payments by uploading rather than the standard delivery method.
- We also no longer need to wait the typical 2-4 weeks for our returns to post, they are posted almost immediately.
- And best of all, we were the first TPA contacted to work with ODJFS on this filing method.
We’re very proud of the relationship we have with ODJFS and are happy to announce that we are now completely electronic with them. We get automated rate adjustments, automated tax notices and now electronic returns. If you have questions about your ODJFS account, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.