Unemployment taxes can pose a serious threat to your company’s bottom line. Unfortunately, most small and medium-sized business owners view unemployment as a major expense that can’t be managed. Fortunately, you can do something about it.
Protect Your Business From Unemployment Claims
Depending on the state, company size, and your unemployment claim history, unemployment taxes can cost your business hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of dollars per year.
However, detailed record-keeping can help cut your costs and increase cashflow by lowering your unemployment tax rates.
To increase your chances of winning unemployment cases, you should provide:
- Employee handbooks and detailed job descriptions
- Written warnings that require employee sign-off
- Specific examples of poor performance, in writing, based on information provided in the employee handbook and job descriptions
How a PEO Can Help
Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) like GMS help businesses reduce unemployment tax risks in a number of ways. Specifically, PEOs:
- Reduce liability for unemployment taxes
- Help you write handbooks and job descriptions
- Consult with you on the employee discipline and termination process
- Ensure you stay compliant with unemployment laws and regulations
- Provide representation at claims hearings
Why Choose GMS?
When you partner with GMS, you no longer have to spend time trying to protect your business from unemployment claims and taxes. You increase cashflow and eliminate liability. And best of all, you retain full control over your employees.
Contact us today at 330-659-0100 or visit our FAQ page for more information.