July 16, 2014 8:49 AM
Still not sure what exactly a PEO (professional employer organization) is? Need help selecting a PEO? Ever think about outsourcing payroll?
You're not alone, but you’ve come to the right place for answers! Today, we're proud to announce the launch of our new Education Center.
In our Education Center, you'll learn more about what PEO is. For example:
- A PEO offers a cost-effective and unified method for handling back-office services for small and medium sized businesses.
- PEOs provide services to help reduce business risk, manage employee benefits, process payroll, find quality employees, and more.
- PEOs exist in every state and provide services to more than 2.5 million people.
- The PEO industry is valued at $80 billion per year (and growing).
June 2, 2014 5:17 PM
If you've been to our site over the past few days, you probably noticed something...really different.
Different as in: "Hey, look! We got ourselves a new website!"
Why did we do it? It might look nice, but it's not just for aesthetics. We did it because the only thing that's constant is change, and our old website wasn't serving our existing or potential customers as well as it used to.
March 19, 2014 8:20 AM
True or false: You can’t do anything to manage your company’s unemployment tax rates?
If you answered true, you answered incorrectly. But take heart because:
- Many other business owners would have also answered “true”
- There is actually a lot you can do to manage unemployment tax rates
March 10, 2014 10:00 AM
What would you say if a prospective employer offered you perks like free catered meals, free fitness classes, tuition reimbursement, unlimited vacation days, and-- for the expectant parents out there-- four months of paid parental leave?
You might be tempted to rip the contract out of his or her hand and sign it on the spot—right?
Well, we didn’t make those up. Practical benefits like these are real, and some are being implemented at companies that constantly rank at the top of employee satisfaction lists.
March 6, 2014 8:25 AM
There are a lot of factors that go into determining what your business’s workers’ compensation rates will be. But the simple truth is this: the more claims your employees file, the higher your rate will be.
Fortunately, there are two strategies you can follow that will limit the amount of time and money you spend dealing with workers’ compensation claims.
March 4, 2014 1:25 PM
Imagine you’re the CEO of a company with 49 employees. You’re currently covered through a fully insured health plan, but are considering switching to a self-insured group plan due to the potential premium increases resulting from the Affordable Care Act.
All of the companies you know with self-funded plans are larger companies (250+employees), so you aren’t sure if this is the right solution for you. You’re also concerned that since you would pay self-insurance claims directly, your company could be liable for a major claim if an employee has a serious health issue.
What do you think - what would you do in this situation? Before you make a decision, consider the following key points.
What happens when you have a major claim on a self-insured policy?
February 21, 2014 7:37 AM
Group Management Services, Inc. was on honored on February 19th, 2014 at the Richfield Village Council meeting. They congratulated President and CEO, Mike Kahoe as GMS was awarded a 2013 Weatherhead 100 Award through the Case Western Reserve Weatherhead School of Management.
February 12, 2014 10:10 AM
If we asked you to guess the top reasons people hate their job, what reasons come to mind?
The National Business Research Institute took a poll through Twitter and found that 33% of people blamed their job blues on annoying coworkers.
So how can you avoid hiring one of the 15 most annoying coworkers, and select the best candidate for the position?
We collected the articles below that share how to prepare for an interview, interview tips, and questions to ask when bringing on a new employee.
These tips will help you as you assess the skills, experience, and cultural fit of your potential employees.
February 10, 2014 9:36 AM
More than 60% of employees in the USA are paid by direct deposit, and the number will only continue to grow.
Benefits for Employees
- Quick: No more waiting in line to deposit your check at the bank, or sending the paper check to your bank through the ATM or your phone app. Now you can be sure the money gets to where it needs to be.
- Convenient: Employees don’t have to worry about being in the office to get paid. If they are on a vacation or out sick, they can be assured the deposit will be made. They can also control which account the paycheck goes into- maybe they choose to direct funds to a retirement savings plan or a checking or savings account. Bills can be paid immediately online as soon as a deposit is made.
- Green: Reduces a company’s carbon footprint, and offering online pay statements that are available 24/7 would also contribute to the green impact.
February 7, 2014 8:39 AM
A recent NIH funded study looked at medical expenditure bills that represented more than 8,303 emergency room visits and came up with two startling conclusions:
- There are huge variations in prices.
Bills sent out for sprained ankles ranged from $4 to $24,110.
- Prices overall are really high.
The average emergency room visit cost 40 percent more than an average month’s rent (or $1,233 as the average rent is now $871 per month).