Workplace Injury Reporting & Nurse Triage
Our partnership with CarivaCare provides our clients with 24/7 access to the workers' compensation nurse triage program. This program offers employees a neutral, third-party medical professional to report any injuries on the job. CarivaCare focuses on customizing service delivery to fit each client's specific needs.
How Does It Work?
Should an injury occur on the worksite, calling CarivaCare's workers' compensation nurse triage reporting line will quickly connect employees with one of their knowledgeable, caring professionals. Studies show that most workplace injuries do not require costly, time-consuming trips to the emergency room. 38% of all calls handled by CarivaCare do not become workers' compensation claims. The following are the steps showcasing how this program works:
- Employee calls 24/7 Careline
- Injury report is obtained
- Nurse triage via medical algorithms
- Authorization is faxed to a treating facility
- A report is emailed to company stakeholders
If further treatment by a physician is recommended, our staff will assist the employee with finding the right facility. The injury report and treatment authorization are provided to the treating facility before the employee arrives.
- 24/7/365 availability
- Works in conjunction with your current workers' compensation program
- Program results in approximately 38% of reduction of cost on potential claims
- Notification to treating facility/physician of modified work available, reducing lost work time
- Reduction in emergency room visits and costs
- All calls are recorded, limiting possible fraudulent claims
- Spanish-speaking staff readily available
- Submit all paperwork and findings to GMS within one hour of the phone call with FROI and pictures, if needed
Do You Want To Ensure The Safety Of Your Employees?
If your employees suffer an occupational injury, you can rely on GMS' 24/7 program to provide optimal care. Contact us today to speak with our risk management team.