Your business is a well-oiled machine and each employee is an important part of your entire process. The health and the well-being of your employees is important to both the morale of your team and the productivity of your workforce.
Did you know that preventable diseases make up approximately 70% of the entire burden of illness and associated costs in the U.S.? (WELCOA) It’s the mission of the GMS Workplace Wellness Program to foster healthier lifestyle choices to reduce health risk factors, improve overall wellness, and maintain a dynamic, active workforce.
The Benefits of the Workplace Wellness Program
Through the Workplace Wellness Program, health education, wellness activities and initiatives are uniquely designed with your employees’ health and wellbeing in mind. In-office practices and events will help foster healthy lifestyles, which can lead to a decrease in absenteeism and health care claims. The program can also be customized based on past claims.
Even more, a Wellness Program shows your employees that you care about them. In 2014, 62% of workers – up from 55% in 2011 – believe workplace wellness improves health and reduces health risks.
A program is about more than just making money; it’s a way to better the lives of the team you work with every day. By making strides to help your employees take better care of themselves, your employees can live fuller, healthier lives, benefitting them inside and outside the office.
There are many benefits for the employer as well, such as decrease in medical costs, reduced absenteeism, increased productivity, and receiving incentives through the ACA for offering wellness programs.
What You Get With the Workplace Wellness Program
There are several components to a Wellness Program, including:
- Designing a custom program that is in compliance with all of the ACA regulations for wellness plans
- Health risk assessments, which are HIPAA protected, and private with employee access only
- Health screenings for height, weight, blood pressure, glucose, and total cholesterol, which are all done on site, with HDL, LDL, and Triglyceride screening available upon request
- Biometric body fat scans by Body Metrix®
- On-site wellness recommendations
- Smoking cessation and drug and alcohol abuse prevention
- One-on-one communication with wellness coordinator
- Voluntary lunch and learns, classes, and informational meetings
- A monthly newsletter
- Fun challenges
In addition to the components listed above, you’ll also receive a quarterly review of claims and your Wellness Program.
Your employees keep your company going strong, so you want to make sure that they stay as healthy as possible to keep your team strong and morale high. Give us a call today at 330-659-0100 or contact us online to talk to one of our experts about instituting a Workplace Wellness Program for your business.